Films of the 1970s, No. 2

 


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

Don Corleone: Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift on my daughter's wedding day.

The Godfather (1972)
Starring
: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan, Robert Duvall, John Cazale, Diane Keaton, and Talia Shire
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
About: This is one of my favorite films of all time. It's also one of the greatest films not just of the 1970s but of all time. It's a masterfully constructed film that remains incredibly popular. I remember the first time I ever saw it, fittingly with my dad, and how I was sucked into the story and the incredible way it's told. It's a great adaptation of Mario Puzo's novel with some incredible performances and iconic scenes. When you think of great films of the 1970s, this is top of mind. It was an easy choice near the top and very nearly made the top spot. It's a great and iconic film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43