Academy Award Wishes

 


The Academy Award nominees will be announced on Tuesday. There's always a lot of worthy films and performances that don't make the cut. Below are a few options in different categories that might be long-shots that I'd love to hear called on Tuesday.

Best Picture:
* American Fiction
. I loved the film, and I'd love to see it make the final field. I know it's not a lock, but it was a sharply written and constructed film.
* Poor Things. Same thing here, I would love to see this film make the final field for Best Picture nominees.

Best Actor:
* Michael Fassbender
. He was incredible in The Killer, a film I feel is under-rated. I'd love to see him make the final field.

Best Actress:
* Greta Lee
. She carries a lot of Past Lives, a beautiful and under-rated film. I would love to see her make the final field.

Best Supporting Actor:
* Chris Messina
. He was incredible in Air. This is probably the longest of long-shots, but he's been on my short list all year.

Best Supporting Actress:
* America Ferrera
. She doesn't get enough credit for what she did in Barbie. This is a competitive field, but I'd love to see her make it.

Best Director:
* Celine Song
. Song crafted a beautiful film in Past Lives, and I'd love to see her make the final field.

Best International Feature:
* The Taste of Things
. This official entry from France was one of my favorite International Features of the year. I'd love to see it make the final field.

Best Animated Feature:
* Wish
. I know that not everyone loved this Disney film, but I did. I would love to see it make the final field.

Best Documentary Feature:
* Shot in the Arm
. Maybe I'm biased because I loved my interview with the team that made it, but this film was really compelling. I know it's another extreme long-shot, but I'd love to see it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43