Favorite Animated Films, No. 50

 


Animated Films have come a long way over the years. It's a genre and format that presents a wide range of styles and stories. This year, I'll be taking a look at my 50 favorite Animated Films, offering a new one from No. 50 to No. 1 each Saturday in 2024. Join along and feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments!

Donkey: We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!

Shrek (2001)
Starring:
Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, and John Lithgow
Director: Andrew Adamson and Vicky Jensen
About: We begin our countdown of my favorite animated films with a classic that spawned a number of sequels. I remember seeing this film when I was in college. I had always thought of animated films as something for kids, and many were. This one works for kids, but many of the jokes and bits are decidedly aimed at adults. I've never loved Shrek as much as others have, but I appreciated the story and the work here. This is a fun and at times quite funny film. Myers and Murphy are great, and I enjoy Diaz in this role, too. The sequels were a matter of diminishing returns for me, but this original was enough to make my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43