Favorite Westerns, No. 48

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1.

Pedro "Pete' Roca Fuerte: [dying] Hey, Bob... I just remembered what tomorrow is. Feliz Navidad.

3 Godfathers (1948)
Starring
: John Wayne, Harry Carey, Jr., and Pedro Armendariz
Director: John Ford
About: This is the second film on the list starring Wayne and the second directed by Ford. Time to get used to it, as I mentioned they are icons of the genre. This one, however, didn't come to me because it's a Western, but rather because it's a Christmas movie! I found it on a list of classic Christmas films, which got me intrigued. It lives up to the billing, though Christmas isn't a huge part of the plot here. Instead, it's the story of three outlaws on the run who are brought together by an infant in need. It's the kind of plot that suggests all of us, no matter the mistakes we've made in life, will ultimately do the right thing in a time of need. It's fascinating to see these hard edged men put their lives and freedom at risk to save the life of a newborn they've just met. I also enjoyed the performances, with Wayne again being quite good in this. That and it's interesting Christmas theme helped it land on the list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43