Favorite Westerns, No. 50

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1.

Ringo Kid: Well, I guess you can't break out of prison and into society in the same week.

Stagecoach (1939)
Starring:
John Wayne, Claire Trevor, and John Carradine
Director: John Ford
About: It makes sense that we're kicking off here. Not only is this a classic film, but it was one of the early films that put Wayne and director Ford on the map. Both have become icons, not just in film but in the Western genre. This film, from before World War II, was one of Wayne's first big starring roles. The film is viewed as something of a classic, and was one I sought out when I explored the genre last year. I appreciated the work that went into the film and the craft. I also appreciated Wayne in the film, and can see how it helped propel him to being a big star. This isn't my favorite western, which is clear because of where it falls on the list, but I liked it quite a bit. It's certainly worth checking out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43