Best Picture Nominees: American Fiction

 


On January 23, the Academy Award Nominations were announced. A total of ten films will be competing for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, which take place on Sunday, March 10. From now until then, I will be looking at each of the Best Picture Nominees.

American Fiction
Starring
: Jeffrey Wright, Sterling K. Brown, and Erika Alexander
Director: Cord Jefferson
Total Nominations: 5
Nominated For: Best Picture, Best Actor (Wright), Best Supporting Actor (Brown), Best Adapted Screenplay (Jefferson), Best Original Score
About: I loved American Fiction. It was a film that caught me by surprise, pulled me in and enthralled me. That had a lot to do with the story and the performances from Wright and Brown. The fact all three are nominated is little surprise to me. But will it win? That's more of a question. I think it's something of a long-shot for Best Picture and Best Original Score. I like Wright and I would think him a worthy winner, but I think he's running behind Paul Giamatti and Cillian Murphy. I also liked the script from Jefferson, but the Adapted Screenplay race is packed. I think the film's best shot might be Supporting Actor. Brown is far from a front-runner, but he gave a great and fun performance. I could see him getting a win. I also wouldn't be surprised if the film ends up going home empty-handed. Despite that, I hope everyone gets a chance to see this interesting and engaging film!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43