Best Picture Nominees: Barbie

 


On January 23, the Academy Award Nominations were announced. A total of ten films will be competing for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, which take place on Sunday, March 10. From now until then, I will be looking at each of the Best Picture Nominees.

Barbie
Starring:
Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, America Ferrera, and Kate McKinnon
Director: Greta Gerwig
Total Nominations: 8
Nominated For: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Gosling), Best Supporting Actress (Ferrera), Best Adapted Screenplay (Gerwig and Noah Baumbach), Best Production Design, Best Costume Design, Best Original Song "I'm Just Ken," Best Original Song "What Was I Made For?"
About: Barbie was one of the best films of the year. I loved it. And it earned a number of Academy Award nominations, though not as many as I'd hoped or as it should have received. Still, I suspect it will go home with at least one Oscar. I'm not sold it wins Best Picture, though it could, or the acting awards, though I thought both Gosling and Ferrera were strong. I think the script is among the favorites in the category. I could see this film winning Best Adapted Screenplay. I could also see it winning Production Design, Costume Design, or both. But I don't know if it's a lock in either category. I do think, no matter what, Barbie will win for Best Original Song. If I had to guess, I'd go with "What Was I Made For?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43