Best Picture Nominees: Oppenheimer

 


On January 23, the Academy Award Nominations were announced. A total of ten films will be competing for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, which take place on Sunday, March 10. From now until then, I will be looking at each of the Best Picture Nominees.

Oppenheimer
Starring
: Cillian Murphy, Robert Downey, Jr., Emily Blunt, and Matt Damon
Director: Christopher Nolan
Total Nominations: 13
Nominated For: Best Picture, Best Director (Nolan), Best Actor (Murphy), Best Supporting Actor (Downey, Jr.), Best Supporting Actress (Blunt), Best Adapted Screenplay (Nolan), Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Sound, Best Original Score, Best Production Design, Best Costume Design, Best Hairstyling and Makeup
About: And now, we end with the favorite. This was one of my favorite films of the year and is certainly a favorite throughout the Academy Awards. I think this is the favorite to win Best Picture, and is my pick to get it. But that's far from its only likely award. I think Nolan will win as the director as well. Among the acting awards, you could make a case for any of them but I think Downey is a favorite for Supporting Actor. I would love to see Murphy win, but he's no lock. In the script category, I think Nolan could win, but I'm giving the slight edge to Greta Gerwig's Barbie for now. I think Oppenheimer will win a number of production awards, too. I think it's a favorite for Score and Sound. I think it could well take Editing and some others as well. In the end, I suspect Oppenheimer will be the most awarded film for the night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43