Best Picture Nominees: Past Lives

 


On January 23, the Academy Award Nominations were announced. A total of ten films will be competing for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, which take place on Sunday, March 10. From now until then, I will be looking at each of the Best Picture Nominees.

Past Lives
Starring
: Gretta Lee, John Magaro, and Teo Yoo
Director: Celine Song
Total Nominations: 2
Nominated For: Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay (Song)
About: We could talk all day about the award nominations that should have been bestowed on this film. This is a very powerful story that was among my favorites since I saw it over the summer. I'd have loved to see Song recognized for her directing and any of the three stars make the acting field. In fact, Lee would have been a Top three option for me at actress. But this isn't about what didn't get a nomination, but rather what did get in. While I don't think this film wins Best Picture, I do think it's got a great shot for its script. It's a powerful, engaging, and deeply emotional story. I would love to see Song win the Academy Award and I think she has a great shot. We'll find out on March 10!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43