Favorite Animated Film, No. 46

 


Animated Films have come a long way over the years. It's a genre and format that presents a wide range of styles and stories. This year, I'll be taking a look at my 50 favorite Animated Films, offering a new one from No. 50 to No. 1 each Saturday in 2024. Join along and feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments!

Jack Skellington: [singing] What's this? What's this? There's color everywhere! What's this? There's white things in the air! What's this? I can't believe my eyes, I must be dreaming; wake up, Jack, this isn't fair! What's this?

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Starring
: Danny Elfman, Catherine O'Hara, and Chris Sarandon
Director: Henry Selick
About: This film comes from Tim Burton, who was a co-writer and served as a producer. It's a stop-motion animation style holiday story that's become a seasonal classic. And I say seasonal because it's a film that seems to find its place throughout the Fall, from September through December. It can be a Halloween film. It can be a Christmas film. In fact, yearly this film is the big inspiration for a makeover at the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland that I've enjoyed for years. I enjoy the story and the original music here, too. This is a wildly creative endeavor and one that has become a classic for a reason. It was an easy call for it to land on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43