Favorite Animated Films, No. 45

 


Animated Films have come a long way over the years. It's a genre and format that presents a wide range of styles and stories. This year, I'll be taking a look at my 50 favorite Animated Films, offering a new one from No. 50 to No. 1 each Saturday in 2024. Join along and feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments!

Buster Moon: When you've reached rock bottom, there's only one way to go, and that's up!

Sing (2016)
Starring
: Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson, Seth MacFarlane, Taron Egerton, and Tori Kelly
Director: Garth Jennings
About: I'm drawn to stories that connect with me, emotionally. This animated film about a scrappy group of people looking for a break, led by a scrappy dreamer who needs a break, captured my attention and my heart. It was followed by a sequel that I love even more. But it's this first film that introduces us to Buster Moon (McConaughey) and these singers who moved me. I liked the comedy and I liked the way it was put together. But it's the final act, and that beautiful closing concert that really brings it home for me. I enjoyed this film and it was an easy choice for it to land on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43