2009 Rewind: The Hangover

 


This year films from 2009 are celebrating a 15th Anniversary. I will be looking at five films from 2009 that I've enjoyed as part of an anniversary celebration. Today, I'm looking at The Hangover.

Phil Wenneck: Would you please put some pants on? I feel weird having to ask you twice.

The Hangover
Starring:
Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zack Galifianakis, Justin Bartha, Ken Jeong, and Heather Graham
Director: Todd Phillips
About: It's fitting that today I'm in Las Vegas. This film might be the ultimate Vegas tale. It's one that I've seen a number of times over the years, often on the eve of a trip to Las Vegas. I'll note, however, I've never had the experience that Phil, Stu and Alan have. I love this comedy. I love the characters, some of the iconic moments, and the arc of the plot. I remember seeing it in theaters and being blown away. Now 15 years later, I'm still taken by this film. Its sequels are forgettable, and while it inspired a number of "Hangover-style" films, the original stands out in a class by itself. Cooper, Helms and Galifianakis are an amazing trio. If you've never seen this over-the-top ride, it's worth checking out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43