Academy Award Predictions

 


The Academy Awards take place tonight. Ahead of the Ceremony, I'm making my predictions below!

Best Picture: Oppenheimer. I think the favorite gets it done.

Best Director: Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer. I suspect it's going to be a big night for Nolan and his film.

Best Actor: Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer. Murphy is the front-runner and I think he gets the win.

Best Actress: Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon. I think this one follows SAG, and Gladstone gets the win.

Best Supporting Actor: Robert Downey, Jr., Oppenheimer. I think Downey gets an Oscar here.

Best Supporting Actress: Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers. Randolph is the favorite and I think she gets the win.

Best Original Screenplay: Anatomy of a Fall, Justine Triet and Arthur Harai. I think Anatomy of a Fall gets the call.

Best Adapted Screenplay: Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan. The favorite wins another award.

Best Cinematography: Oppenheimer. I think it's Oppenheimer's night.

Best Editing: Oppenheimer.

Best Production Design: Barbie. Maybe I'm leading with my heart, but I'm going with a different option here.

Best Costume Design: Barbie. The look was so great here.

Best Sound: The Zone of Interest. This could go another way, but I think Glazer's film deserves recognition here.

Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Poor Things. I think this film gets something.

Best Original Score: Oppenheimer. I think the favorite gets another win.

Best Original Song: What Was I Made For, Barbie. There are two from this movie, and I'd be a fan of either. I think this more serious one will get the call.

Best Visual Effects: Godzilla Minus One. Taking a shot this creative film gets rewarded.

Best Documentary Feature: 20 Days in Mariupol. A couple worthy contenders here, but I'm going with this timely documentary.

Best Documentary Short: The Barber of Little Rock. I've seen them all and all are interesting, but I think this one tugged the heart-strings the most.

Best Animated Feature: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. This feels like a toss up, but I'm going personal preference here.

Best Animated Shot: Ninety-Five Sense. This was a fascinating and compelling short.

Best International Feature: The Zone of Interest. This is a really powerful film.

Best Live-Action Short: The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar. I loved this Roald Dahl adaptation. I'd love to see it win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43