Favorite Animated Films, No. 42

 


Animated Films have come a long way over the years. It's a genre and format that presents a wide range of styles and stories. This year, I'll be taking a look at my 50 favorite Animated Films, offering a new one from No. 50 to No. 1 each Saturday in 2024. Join along and feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments!

Bruce Wayne: I only came here out of respect for my parents, who knew your family.
Carmine Falcone: Your father was more than just a friend to my family.
Bruce Wayne: That was a long time ago.
Carmine Falcone: Yes. A long time. Thomas Wayne believed in my father. He believed a man could bring order to a world of chaos. And you, Bruce?
Bruce Wayne: I believe in Gotham City.

Batman and the Long Halloween, Part One (2021)
Starring
: Jensen Ackles, Josh Duhamel, David Dastmalchian, Naya Rivera, and Troy Baker
Director: Chris Palmer
About: There have been a number of DC Comic stories given the animated treatment. I've been watching more of them in recent years and have included a few on this list. This is a darker tale, the first half of a longer story about a killer and Batman's hunt for him. The ideas and text of this served as some of the inspiration for the most recent live-action Batman film, but I like the way it's put together here. I also enjoyed the voice cast, particularly Ackles as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43