Favorite Westerns, No. 42

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1.

Marshal Will Kane: Stay at the hotel until it's over.
Amy Fowler Kane: No, I won't be here when it's over. You're asking me to wait an hour to find out if I'm going to be a wife or a widow. I say it's too long to wait! I won't do it!
Marshal Will Kane: Amy!
Amy Fowler Kane: I mean it! If you won't go with me now, I'll be on that train when it leaves here.

High Noon (1952)
Starring
: Gary Cooper, Grace Kelly, Lloyd Bridges, and Lon Chaney
Director: Fred Zinneman
About: This film is a classic and it features two staples of the genre: Gary Cooper and a showdown between the hero and the villains. That is, in fact, what this whole film is about. Cooper won an Oscar for his role and this is a great cast, which includes Kelly, Bridges and Chaney, among others. This whole film is about the tension building to the big resolution. It's a fairly quick film, clocking in at just 85 minutes. I love the way it's put together and the performance from Cooper as Marshal Will Kane. This is a must watch for fans of the genre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43