Free Agent Frenzy

 


What a wild few days it's been in the NFL. We've seen an onslaught of free agent movement with a number of players swapping teams. Below are my thoughts on some of the biggest deals.

Quarterbacks:

* Kirk Cousins to the Falcons. I love it for Kyle Pitts and Drake London. I also think it keeps Cousins as a top-end QB2.

* Baker Mayfield back to the Buccaneers. The Buccaneers have kept their core together, which gives them a chance to compete.

* Russell Wilson to the Steelers. He figures to be the starter, and could give the Steelers some stability at the position. I'm curious to see how it all works out.

* Gardner Minshew to the Raiders. A two-year, $25 million deal indicates he could be the guy for now. It's an interesting move and we'll see how it all pans out.

Running Backs:

* Saquon Barkley to the Eagles. Barkley is a great talent. He was a Top 10 RB despite missing games and playing in a poor Giants' offense. He's still a strong RB1 for Dynasty.

* Derrick Henry to the Ravens. I suspect he's going to eat. He has RB1 upside for fantasy with the Ravens, but is more of an RB2 for me in Dynasty.

* Josh Jacobs to the Packers. He's another player with RB1 upside here. I like the talent and the fit.

* Joe Mixon to the Texans. I like this move for the Texans and for Mixon. He's a high-end RB2 for me with RB1 upside.

* Aaron Jones to the Vikings. Jones should help in 2024, giving him some good immediate value. A one-year deal limits his dynasty appeal.

* Tony Pollard to the Titans. I don't love it for Pollard, but he should still have some RB2 appeal.

* D'Andre Swift to the Bears. Another one I don't love. I think Swift maintains some low-end RB2 appeal, but it's a committee in Chicago.

Wide Receivers:

* Michael Pittman back with the Colts. He gets a long-term deal and is a player I like as a WR1 in dynasty.

* Mike Evans back to the Buccaneers. I like this for Evans, Mayfield and the Buccaneers.

* Diontae Johnson traded to the Panthers. It's a big get for Bryce Young and feels like it gives him a good WR2 value.

* Keenan Allen traded to the Bears. It's good for the Bears, but it makes for a loaded passing group. I might drop D.J. Moore to a mid-WR2 while having Allen at WR3 until we see how it can all work.

* Calvin Ridley to the Titans. The Titans certainly have weapons now, which is good. Ridley joins D'Andre Hopkins. I still have Ridley in the WR3 range, with some WR2 upside. And I have Hopkins as a WR3/4. Just not sure Will Levis can support a high-volume pass offense.

* Gabe Davis to the Jaguars. I didn't love this move. Davis is too inconsistent and I don't know that that  changes in Jacksonville. He's a WR4 for me.

* Darnell Mooney to the Falcons. He gives Cousins another weapon. I don't mind the deal and the add. He's a low-end WR3 for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43