Favorite Westerns, No. 37

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Peter Gordon: When my father passed, I wanted nothing more than my mother's happiness. For what kind of man would I be if I did not help my mother? If I did not save her?

The Power of the Dog (2021)
Starring
: Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, Kodi Smit-McPhee, and Jesse Plemons
Director: Jane Campion
About: Another modern entry, and another unconventional choice for this list, perhaps. This is a quiet and pensive story, but it certainly captures the brutality and struggle of the western genre. Campion does a beautiful job of laying out this story and world. The cinematography here works well to build the story and the vibe of the production. That's one of the things that stuck out to me. In addition, the film features some great performances from all four of the primary actors. It's some great work, especially, from Cumberbatch, Plemons and Dunst. This isn't an easy story to watch but it's well crafted, which is why it earned so many Academy Award nominations. If you haven't seen it, it's worth checking out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43