Summer Movie Preview, Pt. 1


 

The summer movie season is nearly upon us. It usually kicks off at the beginning of May and runs through August. Over the next two posts, I'm going to be previewing what's to come this summer. Today I'm looking at films from May and June. I'll highlight five from the first part of summer I'm most pumped to see!

May:
The Fall Guy (May 3)
About:
This one features Emily Blunt as a director and Ryan Gosling at a stunt man who have a connection and get drawn in deep during a new film. I love the actors at the top of the call sheet and I love the early trailers. This looks like a heck of a way to kick off the summer season and it will hopefully be a fun ride.

IF (May 17)
About:
This not only looks like fun, it looks like the kind of film that will work for wide audiences. It comes from John Krasinski, who serves as the director, and stars Ryan Reynolds, among others. The trailers are charming and the characters look delightful. This has a great cast and a great premise. I'm really excited.

Other May Releases:
* I Saw the TV Glow (May 3)
* Unfrosted (May 3)
* Prom Dates (May 3)
* Mother of the Bride (May 9)
* Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (May 10)
* Tarot (May 10)
* We Grown Now (May 10)
* Strangers, Chapter 1 (May 17)
* Back to Black (May 17)
* Thelma the Unicorn (May 17)
* The Blue Angels (May 23)
* Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (May 24)
* Garfield (May 24)
* Sight (May 24)
* Atlas (May 24)
* Ezra (May 31)
* Robot Dreams (May 31)

June:
Bad Boys: Ride or Die (June 7)
About
: It's been a tough stretch for Will Smith, but I've always enjoyed him and Martin Lawrence in these films. Bad Boys remains my favorite Michael Bay film and I'm both excited and curious to see where the characters go in this fourth film.

The Bikeriders (June 21)
About:
This film was originally set to be released in late 2023 and got pushed to the summer. It could be one of the bigger films of the year and possibly an award contender. I'm excited to see Austin Butler and Tom Hardy leading this gritty story. It's not your typical summer blockbuster, but it looks like some fun.

A Quiet Place: Day One (June 28)
About:
This is a prequel, of sorts, featuring a new cast and characters. I loved A Quiet Place, so I'm invested in the universe. But I'm also curious to see if this ends up working and ends up expanding the world in a good way. Still, I can't wait to see it.

Other June Releases:
* The Crow (June 7)
* Hitman (June 7)
* Inside Out 2 (June 14)
* The Watchers (June 14)
* Kinds of Kindness (June 21)
* It Ends With Us (June 21)
* Janet Planet (June 21)
* Horizon: A American Saga, Part 1 (June 28)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43