Summer Movie Preview, Pt. 2

 


The Summer Movie season is rapidly approaching. In yesterday's post I looked at May and June, highlighting five projects I'm excited to see. Today, I'm looking at July and August!

July:
Twisters (July 19)
About:
The original Twister, released in 1996, is one of my favorite all time films. I'm excited and curious about this sequel. I like the cast and the director, and I'm excited for a return to the world. I hope it is a worthy follow up to the original!

Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26)
About:
This long-awaited third Deadpool film promises to be a heck of a ride. Seeing Ryan Reynolds paired with Hugh Jackman should be fun. As this is the only MCU film this year, it's also got a lot of hopes pinned on it. I'm excited to see what they do here.

Other July Releases:
* Despicable Me 4 (July 3)
* Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (July 3)
* MaXXXine (July 5)
* Skywalkers: A Love Story (July 10)
* Project Artemis (July 12)
* Thelma (July 19)
* Find Me Falling (July 19)
* Didi (July 26)

August
Borderlands (August 9)
About
: This is a high-octane ride with a great cast led by director Eli Roth. It's based on the video game series of the same name and looks like a wild and crazy ride. The trailer was great and I'm excited this could be a fun summer ride.

Alien: Romulus (August 16)
About
: This is the latest in the franchise, set after the events of Prometheus and directed by Fede Alvarez. This takes the story in a new direction with a new set of characters. Alvarez has shown his skill as a horror film director, so will this follow suit? I'm curious to see where the franchise goes.

Horizon: An American Saga, Pt. 2 (August 16)
About
: This Western from director Kevin Costner has a big, sprawling cast and a big, sprawling story. The first part drops at the end of the June with the second piece coming here in August. I'm excited to see what Costner does with this series.

Other August Releases:
* Harold and the Purple Crayon (August 2)
* Trap (August 2)
* Cuckoo (August 9)
* Flint Strong (August 9)
* Ryan's World: The Titan Adventure (August 16)
* The Forge (August 23)
* Slingshot (August 23)
* Blink Twice (August 23)
* Kraven the Hunter (August 30)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43