Favorite Westerns, No. 34

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Frank Griffin: Good Book says pain is its own teacher.

Godless (2017)
Starring
: Jeff Daniels, Jack O'Connell, Michelle Dockery, Merrit Wever, and Scoot McNairy
Director: Scott Frank
About: As this list continues, you'll see I have a broad definition of the Westerns I'm considering for this list. That includes mini-series, like the one today. This seven-episode limited series on Netflix comes from writer/director Scott Frank. It's a beautifully drawn and often tense narrative that struck me at the time and continues to stick with me. We have outlaws, a Sheriff, and a town nearly completely populated by women. That gives this a fun edge. In fact, Wever and Dockery are two of the best reasons to watch this series. I also enjoyed Daniels as the villain and O'Connell and McNairy. This was a fun ride and well worth checking out if you enjoy the format.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43